Welcome to my blog.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year, new start



I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. We really enjoyed our break. During that time I always reflect on the year and I get sad sometimes. Why didn't I do this or that? Why did I choose to do this? Why did I choose not too?  A lot of whys. My children will be another year older. So will I. So will my husband. My anxiety usually comes back at this time of year too. Work slows down and I go into a panic because we still have bills to pay. We can't really save up for a vacation like most people do and get to spend time with family. Then I decided to just STOP!!! How was I benefiting anyone by doing this to myself?

One thing I did was GET BUSY with something. About 5 months ago I started my own business. It was slow going so I began thinking of ways to make it more profitable. I also began to declutter the books and sell the ones we weren't using anymore. Then I had some extra money to expand my business or better something.  If there's clothes or toys that are still in decent shape, SELL IT!!! It might not be a ton of money but it's better than it just sitting around collecting dust, RIGHT? Same with homeschooling too. If the curriculum you bought at the beginning of the school year isn't working anymore, SELL IT and find something that does. You can use eBay, facebook groups or local homeschooling groups. Someone might be looking for that very book or teacher's guide and couldn't afford it new. You're helping them and yourself. It's a wonderful feeling. Try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment